Monday 10 September 2018

A new blog, with an old name!

For all the time I've had the North East Fife MTB Routes blog going (and lets face it, it's pretty stagnant) I've also made "Fifeing Eejit" posts where I regale you with reports of what I've been up to on my bike(s).

I've now decided it's time to publish these adventures in their own blog, which hopefully will continue, until I get fed up again or something.

For those that don't know, the name came about when I first entered 10 Under the Ben, an 10hr Mountain bike race in the Leanachan forest on the slopes of Aonach Mohr.  On filling in the entry form I saw that despite being solo there was a "Team Name" option; having written "None" I paused, hit the back button a few times and had a read of what other solo riders had entered for their "Team Name", in amongst the filth, club names, blanks and "none"s there were a few amusing jokes; at this point the thought "you have to be a bit of a F---ing Eejit to ride for 10hrs" and with the F---ing tempered down to my place of residence an amusing name was sorted.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.